Following extensive weight loss, people are often left with excess skin and soft tissue between the underarm (axilla) and elbow. Dr. Keith Rose provides arm lift procedures to Corpus Christi patients to improve this concern, creating more defined arms with a single surgery.
Dr. Rose brings to every procedure his experience as a plastic surgeon, a commitment to patient comfort and safety, and a natural eye for aesthetics. As his patient, you can expect his guidance and the support of our medical team at every step of the process—from consultation to surgery to recovery. Learn more on how an arm lift can help you achieve a more toned contour.
Getting Better Definition and Improving Comfort
Losing a significant amount of weight is a major accomplishment. Afterward, you should be able to enjoy the benefits. However, excess skin around the arms can take away from the aesthetics of your new shape. This extra tissue can also get in the way of everyday life, such as wearing the clothes you want, exercising, and socializing with confidence.
Arm lift surgery can address these concerns:
- In the procedure, Dr. Rose removes excess skin and tissue to give you more contoured and aesthetically pleasing upper arms.
- Arm lift surgery creates a linear scar in the area of the excision. Most of Dr. Rose’s patients see the trade-off as a significant improvement over unwanted, hanging skin with a more contoured arm. In addition, arm scars tend to fade over time with proper care.
- Dr. Rose is typically able to complete excisions in a single surgical session. Afterward, most patients will see noticeable improvement and require no follow-up surgery.
Understanding Arm Lift
Corpus Christi patients considering arm lifts should understand their options and have proper expectations for what the procedure can achieve. That’s why Dr. Rose spends a significant amount of time during the initial consultation answering questions and providing information about surgery. At the conclusion of the consultation, it is his goal that patients choose his care with confidence.
Different patients will benefit from different approaches. For example, you may actually be a good candidate for targeted liposuction rather than arm lift and excision depending on your age and the condition of your arms. The initial consultation will include a comprehensive examination as well as questions about your medical history so that Dr. Rose can create the right plan for your needs.
Your Experience with Arm Lift
Dr. Rose conducts surgeries at our Corpus Christi facility and at local hospitals. Procedures take place under general anesthesia or conscious sedation. Dr. Rose will talk with you about each of these options and his recommendations based on your surgical plan.
Some other information about arm lift follows:
- Surgery takes about 2 hours. Patients with larger problem areas may require longer.
- After the procedure, Dr. Rose recommends that patients take about 3 weeks off from exercise, and heavy lifting.
- Patients should avoid direct sunlight to the area of incision or wear appropriate sun block for a period of 6 months so scars can heal without discoloration or hyperpigmentation.
After a full recovery, you should see arms that are more defined and free of excess skin and tissue. You can expect a more aesthetic contour to your body and increased comfort in your day-to-day activities.
Schedule your arm lift consultation with our Corpus Christi office by calling (361) 651-1200.